Sioux Empire Kennel Club
Sioux Empire Kennel Club Class Policies
NOTE: If your class is scheduled on Tuesday evening it will not be held on the second Tuesday of the month. This is the night of our monthly club meeting (unless stated otherwise). Class dates are always subject to change.
There must be a minimum of 5 dogs registered to hold a class.
• Vaccination policies are on the registration forms. Exceptions will only be granted if a letter is provided by your veterinarian. Puppies under the age of 4 months are not required to have a rabies vaccine but must have had two DHLPP vaccines prior to being admitted to a puppy class. This is to ensure protective immunity.
• If classes are cancelled, it will be announced on the SEKC website calendar or you will be notified by the instructor by phone, email, or text.
• SEKC dose not tolerate abuse, neglect, etc. of dogs (or kids or other people).
• Dogs are to be kept under control at all times.
If the dog makes a mess (potties/ other) it is the responsibility of the handler to clean up the mess. (Both in class and before or after class).
• Families are encouraged to come along, but are not to be disruptive or play on the equipment. No children under the age of 13 are to handle a dog, unless they demonstrate to the instructor's satisfaction that they can properly handle the dog.
• If for some reason someone has to miss a class (sickness, etc.) please speak to the instructor, for missed content.
• If two classes are taken at the same session it is full price for the first class and half-price for the second class. The same costs apply for a person who has two dogs in the same class.
• Incessant barking: Dogs who bark causing the inability for others to hear/learn during a class, the instructor can ask the dog and handler to leave the building/room until the dog can be settled down.
Refund policy: A full refund is granted if: if the handler dies, the dog dies.
A partial refund – pro-rated on the number of classes attended – will be made if either the handler or the dog is seriously injured or becomes seriously ill during the session and is prevented from continuing.
• Any dog who displays aggression, will be evaluated by the Class Coordinator and the instructor. If it is decided that the dog cannot benefit from a class situation the dog will be dismissed from the class. A partial refund will be given to the handler along with information on contacting a private behaviorist for help specific to the problems of the dog.